- £250,000 for a decorator diagnosed with Mesothelioma Read More
- £32,000 for a factory worker following exposure to noise Read More
- £150,000 for the family of a loved one who sadly died following carbon monoxide poisoning Read More
- In excess of £1million for an amputee army veteran injured in a training exercise Read More
- £1.4 million for a passenger of a vehicle which collided with a tree Read More
Gove Failing in Constitutional Duty – Shadow Justice Secretary
New Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has appointed Lord Falconer as Shadow Justice Secretary.
Lord Falconer has stated that Lord Chancellor Michael Gove is “failing in his constitutional duty to ensure that there genuinely is access to justice.”
Court fees have increased to excessively high levels recently, as have employment tribunal fees, and together with legal aid cuts and no-win-no-fee deductions, access to justice has never been poorer. Will the new Labour front bench be able to make a difference? Perhaps only time will tell.