- £34,500 for a leg injury at work Read More
- £130,000 settlement for medical negligence victim rejected by local firm Read More
- £250,000 for a decorator diagnosed with Mesothelioma Read More
- £32,000 for a factory worker following exposure to noise Read More
- £150,000 for the family of a loved one who sadly died following carbon monoxide poisoning Read More
£34,500 for a leg injury at work
Mr A suffered a fractured leg when an unsecured load fell from a forklift truck. The Defendant denied liability in full and argued that it was his fault for not following his training to secure the load. Mr A denied receiving any training and so Aston Knight Solicitors obtained specialist medical evidence to support his case and then issued court proceedings. Although the Defendant continued to deny liability throughout, as the matter got closer to trial they began to make settlement offers. Initially such offers were low but later, following further negotiations before trial, the Defendant increased their proposals to £34,500, representing a fair settlement in the case.
Mr James Winterbottom, who dealt with the case, comments:
Back to Recent Successes
This is a good example of not accepting a Defendant’s denial of liability and instead taking court action in order to secure a fair settlement. In many cases defendants think claimants will give up on their cases but being prepared to see a matter to trial can make all the difference.